|Chenango Valley State Park
Chenango Valley State Park is an ice age wonder!
Key Facts/points outlining the natural setting of park:
- A scenic wonder created when the last of the glaciers retreated leaving behind huge chunks of sediment and ice which melted to form the Great Lakes and bog.
- The park has two kettle lakes, Lily and Chenango.
- The park is home to birds such as warblers, woodpeckers, nut hatches, and thrushes; which can be found along the wooded trails.
- Lakeside you will find herons, ducks, and kingfishers.
- Fisherman will be able to find trout, bass, perch, and bullhead in the Chenango Lake.
This park offers 216 campsites some with electric and 24 cabins. The cabins are Saturday through Saturday rentals during peak. Also, there is an 18-hole golf course located in the park.
- Baseball / Softball
- Interpretive Programs
- Recreational Programs
- Cross-country skiing
- Basketball net/ court
- Nature Trails
- Swimming- beach
- Comfort Station
- First Aid Station
- Water Fill up Station
- Dumping StationInformation Center
- Paddle Boat RentalsPicnic Area and Shelter
- TelephoneWater outlets
- Dogs must have a valid rabies certificate of inoculation and MUST be leashed at all times.
- Bike Helmets are required for children under 14 years of age.
- Rollerblades, roller-skates, and skateboards are not allowed in the park.
- Cabin patrons must supply there own bed/bath linen and kitchen utensils.
- The Edge Trail is Handicapped Accessible
Chenango Valley State Park
153 State Park Road
Chenango Forks, NY 13746
Learn more about this park and book your reservation online